Effective Date: August 2019
PLEASE READ THIS INFORMATION CAREFULLY BEFORE ACCESSING ANY PART OF THIS SITE.
Information We Collect
Website Use Information
We collect information about you automatically when you browse this Site, such as:
|browser type||order of pages viewed|
|browser language||amount of time spent on particular pages|
|domain names||date and time of your requests on this Site|
|referring and exit pages and URLs||your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address|
|platform type||one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser|
Cookies are pieces of information stored directly on your computer’s hard drive that remembers information about the sites you have visited.
The Help portion of the tool bar on most web browsers will tell you how to prevent your web browser from accepting new cookies or notify you when you receive new cookies.
You may still use this Site even if you reject the cookies but you may not be able to access some tools and features offered on our Site.
Certain pages of this Site or html email correspondence may use session cookies, persistent cookies, or web beacons to track unique visitors, save site preferences, and to allow us to recognize visits from the same computer and browser.
Cookies may be used by some of the sites that you can link to from our Site. Therefore, please review the Links section of this Policy below.
Because some of this information, such as IP address, can link to you as an individual, it is classed as personal data.
Use of Information
We may use your personal information in the following ways:
- To contact you and respond to any of your inquiries.
- To provide you with information that you have requested.
- To provide you with technical support.
- To enforce our Terms & Conditions of Service and other policies governing use of the Site or Site Services.
We work hard to ensure that only the right people within Prometheus Biosciences have Your Information and that they are only given the information they need.
We may combine Your Information with other information about you that is available to us, including information from other sources. We will keep resumes confidential and will use them only for employment purposes. Along with activities related directly to cookies, we also use information in ways which allow us to check that the Site is working and provide data for the improvement and planning of services.
- Provide, improve, test, and monitor the effectiveness of the Site or Site Services.
- Develop and test new products and features.
- Monitor metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, and demographic patterns.
- Analyze trends, administer the Site and Site Services, and gather information regarding where visits to the Site originate, how often the Site is visited, and what parts of the Site are visited most often.
- Diagnose or fix technology problems.
Prometheus works hard to ensure that only the right people have Your Information and that they are only given the information they need.
- We will not sell or rent your Personal Information to any other person, company, or organization.
- We will share Your Information, where necessary, with third party service providers who perform marketing or other services on our behalf, but only if you have consented.
- If we merge with another company or are sold to another company, Your Information will be transferred to that company and a notice will be provided on the website.
Prometheus uses other companies to help us deliver some of our services such as:
- Provision of systems and equipment
- Provision of connectivity and servers
We have contracts in place with these organizations that prevent them from using Your Information in any other way than how we tell them to. These contracts also require them to maintain good standards of security to ensure your confidentiality.
Storage, Processing, and Security of Your Information
Storage and Processing
Security of Your Information
Information that you provide to us through the Site is encrypted using industry standard Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) / Transport Layer Security (TLS) technology. Your Personal Information is processed and stored on controlled servers with restricted access. Unfortunately, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to our Site, and you do so at your own risk.
While we use commercially reasonable effort to ensure the integrity and security of our network and systems, we cannot guarantee that such security measures will prevent third-party “hackers” from illegally obtaining access to Your Information. Prometheus Biosciences does not warrant or represent that Your Information will be protected against loss, misuse, or alteration by third parties. Therefore, Prometheus Biosciences disclaims any warranties or representations relating to maintenance or non-disclosure of any private information, including your Personal Information.
Information Access, Updates, and Choice
You may choose to provide Personal Information to us by sending us an email or otherwise contacting us. You may have an opportunity to elect to receive certain communications from us. Email correspondence will include instructions on how to update certain Personal Information and how to unsubscribe from our emails and postal mail correspondence.
Please follow the instructions in the emails to notify us of changes to your name, email address, and preference information. We will take reasonable steps, such as confirmation emails, to verify your identity before granting access to your Personal Information. If you choose to unsubscribe from our email and/or postal mail services, you will no longer receive this correspondence. However, we may retain your information for a period of time to resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, or for other valid business or legal reasons.
Third Party Information
You agree that you have provided notice to, and obtained consent from, any third party whose Personal Information you supply to us, including with regard to:
- The purposes for which such third party’s Personal Information has been collected.
- The intended recipients or categories of recipients of the third party’s Personal Information.
- Which of the third party’s information is obligatory and which information, if any, is voluntary.
- How the third party can access and, if necessary, rectify the information held about them.
Linked Third-Party Websites
Use by Children
The Site is directed toward adults. If you are under the age of 18, you must obtain the authorization of a responsible adult (parent or legal custodian) before using or accessing our Site.
We will not knowingly collect, maintain, or use any Personal Information from any children under the age of 18. If we become aware that we have collected any Personal Information from children under the age of 18, we will promptly remove such information from our databases.
Our Site is controlled and operated by us. By choosing to visit our Site or otherwise electronically provide information to us, you agree that any dispute over privacy or the terms contained in this Policy will be governed by applicable laws and regulations in the United States. If you are accessing our Site from any location with applicable laws or regulations governing the collection, use, or disclosure of personal data, which differ from the United States, please note that through your continued use of our Site, you are transferring personal information and you consent to that transfer and to the collection and processing of such information. You also expressly consent to the adjudication of any disputes arising in connection with our Site in the State of California, USA. You also agree to attempt to mediate any such disputes before an action is filed in a federal or state court.
If you have questions, please contact us at [email protected].